Thursday, May 16, 2013

And you thought dragons didn't exist.....

Hello, my name Atermis. The year is 5071 and today is my 13th birthday. I have a small idea of what I might get today. You see, now a days, a select number people become riders at age 13. Riders are people who ride dragons. They are similar to what used to be the air force. But now instead of planes we use dragons.

Being a Rider is a very dangerous job and once you are chosen the rest of the world cant see you. Im serious, the mundanes (human non-rider people) cant see you, they have no idea we are here fighting off the demons and evil for them. You have to be born into a family of riders in order to be chosen. And even then you have to be chosen to become one of them. Of course, we start our training at age 2. So if you are not chosen then you become a mundane and forget all your training and forget all about the Riders.

I live in a family of 5, my mom, dad, my older and younger brother and then me. My parents were the best Riders that ever lived. My older brother is 15 and has been chosen, he is just as good as my dad if not better. My younger brother is 12 and only a couple months younger than me and will be chosen soon after me. My brothers and I have a definite acceptance of being chosen because of our parents past.

My family and I travel downtown where they keep the new dragons, the ones that havent been placed with a rider. We look around at all the different dragons and wait for one to choose me. The thing is the dragon that your sposed to get is sposed to walk straight up to you. And at that moment an aruba blue colored dragon walks up to me. My father tells me to get on it, so I do. Suddenly the dragon paces back and shoots up into the sky. After that I dont remember what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment